Music Inspiring My Novel
|Photo: Emma Frances Logan via Unsplash|
Every novel has a playlist. The songs we sing in the shower as the ideas manifest. Tunes we hear in a store while we're out procrastinating, trying to break free from writer's block. Lyrics which have held permanent residence in our heads since college.
Authors might not always publicize what's spinning as they write, but I'm happy to share my influences and openly thank the artists for inspiring my work.
I'm in my second year of finishing my first novel. These tracks are among those on repeat throughout the process.
1. Church Pew or Bar Stool, Jason Aldean
2. Bloodstream, Ed Sheeran
3. Give Me One Reason, Tracy Chapman
4. Better Man, Paolo Nutini
5. Tin Man, Miranda Lambert
6. My Church, Maren Morris
7. In the Blood, John Mayer
8. That Was Us, Kip Moore
9. Another Story, The Head and the Heart
10. Highwayman, The Highwaymen
11. Homeboy, Eric Church
12. Come a Little Closer, Dierks Bentley
13. I Wanna Learn a Love Song, Harry Chapin
14. No Ordinary Love, Sade
15. Ghosts That We Knew, Mumford and Sons
16. Colder Weather, Zac Brown Band
17. At Last, Etta James